KAH-ROE-SHI 'SHI' cd released by 13 local DIY labels!

11 August 2008

PAZAHORA/KAH-ROE-SHI split 7" (Dis.eased) review on Attack online zine.

Pazahora from Singapore have gotten my blood pumping before, and does so this time as well. Dark, hard, and melodic crustcore with some obvious references to Tragedy, but also stuff that reminds me more of Swedish bands like Personkrets 3:1 for instance. In other words, pretty much the same stuff as found on their CD from 2007 and that's just what I wanted. They have the heaviness, they have the catchiness, they have the well thought out riffs, and they have me digging like a madman. Excellent stuff and far better than many of their European and American counterparts. If I were to complain about anything it would be that the sound is a bit muddy, but as it's not crap I can live with it and the music is good enough to help me overcome this anyway. On the flip we have Kah-Roe-Shi from Malaysia which is a slightly more unpredictable bunch, showing their skills in everything from spastic powerviolence to sludge - all rolled into one. It's loud, violent, and twitchy… and I'm torn. I can't argue with the fact that this heavy as hell and really powerful and even remind me of His Hero Is Gone every now and then, but there's just something about it that I'm not in love with. I guess there are a few too many tempo changes in a too short period of time and it can seem a bit too schizophrenic. But still, Kah-Roe-Shi are good and Pazahora are great so this is a definite buy.
[Krogh - July 31, 2008 / www.attackfanzine.net/index.php?page=Reviews]

Thanks Krogh for noticing our musical direction or should I say intention. We no longer have copies of the split 7". However you might want to try asking Dis.eased Records or Epidemic Distro.
It feels good to found out that we 'failed' again to fall under the dark crust regime. Kid

No comments: